Do you accept insurance?
Alternatively, we offer sliding fees and superbills for you to submit for reimbursement, plus scholarships to qualifying couples and students attending our groups and classes.
What does it mean to be out-of-network?
“Out-of-network” means that we are not contracted with your insurance company and will not submit bills on your behalf to your insurance company.
What does that look like when it comes to paying for sessions?
Any couples with out-of-network plans are required to pay out-of-pocket for sessions at the time of the session.
How much will my insurance company reimburse me for our sessions?
Reimbursement is based on your specific insurance plan. Please check with your insurance company directly to obtain specific reimbursement information.
How do I request obtaining special OON coverage if I have a managed care plan?
What do I say to my health insurance in asking for OON coverage?
- Ask your health insurance if they will cover family therapy OON.
- You should also inform your insurance company that there is currently a shortage(national and local) of couples therapists and that you need to seek OON coverage due to the specialized nature of marriage and family therapy and that there are no comparable (and available) services in your area that are in-network
What is the out-of-pocket fee for sessions?
How do I submit for OON coverage?
What is a Superbill?
A Superbill, also known as a Statement for Insurance Reimbursement, is a document the therapist provides to their client for insurance reimbursement. This document is similar to a statement but includes additional information like CPT codes and a client’s diagnosis code(s).
- Diagnosis Code (only the primary code will appear)
- Client Insurance Information, if desired
- Client DOB
- CPT Codes and descriptors
- The amount charged and payments received
- Reimbursement Recipient